Total Pageviews

Friday, September 16, 2011

Sniveling, Good For Nothing Weaklings....

You ever watch a football game and no matter what one of the teams does, it works out for them. I have days like that. I fumble around and everything turns out in my favor... Great Days!!

There are other days that are not so great - no matter what I do, it seems to turn out wrong...string a couple of those days together and...well depression kind of sets in. "Can I do anything right? Am I worth anything at all? I'm a sniveling, good for nothing weakling"...There are times I secretly wonder (I sure wouldn't want anyone to know this) "If you're such a great God, Why am I going through this?" or "Why do bad things happen to good people?"... Maybe.... secretly..... You have wondered this, too.

Well, I'm reading today and here's what jumped out at me - Judges 6:13 “But sir,” Gideon replied, “if the Lord is with us, why has all this happened to us? Where are all his wonders that our fathers told us about when they said, ‘Did not the Lord bring us up out of Egypt?’ But now the LORD has abandoned us and put us into the hand of Midian.”Sounds like - "Yeah, well, if God's so great, where are all these miracles people always talk about? Why can't I experience a miracle? Instead, I'm put in the worst position of all! I'm weak! Why doesn't God care about me and save me?"

Cool - See Gideon was speaking to "an Angel of the Lord" - i.e. Jesus ...  Way to go Gideon! You asked the question I sometimes have right to His face!!!!

So... did God strike down Gideon right then and end him (that's what I would be afraid of)? I'll write about how this turns out next post.... : )

No comments:

Post a Comment