Total Pageviews

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Bread

OK... this may be not quite appropriate...but...I've got to tell you....I was REALLY mad when my church replaced our "bread" in communion (you know the little squares...what Dane Cook calls Christ Chex) with little flecks (about half the size of the square).

Man... I NEED more Christ .... not less! The little flecks are NOT a replacement for the squares...take note admin folks that order "the bread of Christ"!

Also... I've been to churches that give you actual bread...you know... you tear off a hunk. Secretly, (well not so secretly now..) I want the moist chewy Christ. Right?! Who wants a crusty, dry Christ?

I tend to want Christ my way. It is hard sometimes for me to grasp the fullness of Christ... It is easy for me to see his grace, love, understanding... It's like the chewy bread of Christ... yummy and tasty! But what about the Christ that brings a holiness that chases out the demons...What about the temple table tossing Christ? That's harder for me to stomach...I don't like the hard, crusty Christ.... But... alas, I need the fullness of Christ. I need the butt kicking Christ as well as the hugging Christ.

Just don't give me little bread fleck of Christ... I at least want the full square!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment